The D-Cache is a dynamite-sized storage container that is completely waterproof and virtually indestructible, allowing you to store a multitude of items for ease of carry and secure protection. It is identical in size to an actual stick of dynamite, providing ample storage for any number of items. Manufactured from aircraft grade aluminum, all parts are bead blasted to a uniform matte finish and then red anodized for that great "explosive" look. But the best feature of the D-Cache is that it utilizes a dual-ended cap design which adds a variety of additional functions across a selection of D-Cache models.
The double-ended cap design allow for easy removal of items by unscrewing either end or by removing both caps and pushing the contents through. But the greatest feature is built into the individual caps themselves! The top cap is standard across all models and includes a removable plastic "fuse", allowing you to exchange fuses of different colors to identify contents when using multiple caches.
Each D-Cache includes one unique bottom cap, depending upon the model you choose. These interchangeable caps are available in a variety of functional and practical designs which include:
- Oil filled button compass
- Glass breaker/scribe
- Recessed magnet to allow storage onto ferrous metal surfaces
- 1/4-20 stainless steel threaded insert (for accessory attachment)
- Green or Aqua colored Embrite™ glow insert for the ultimate glow-in-the-dark marker
Refer to the "End Caps" tab for additional information.
If you don't need the fuse cap and want even more functionality, you can build your own D-Cache by checking out the individual parts section of the D-Cache collection. There you can select just the tube and the exact end caps that suit your needs.
Not sure what to store in your D-Cache? Check out the photos as well as the "Examples" tab for some great ideas!
- Manufactured from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum with a red anodized finish
- Large capacity
- Watertight o-ring seals on each threaded cap
- Double-ended cap design
- Sure-grip, fluted end caps with o-ring seals
- Top cap includes a removable "fuse" feature, allowing you to exchange fuses of different colors to identify contents when using multiple caches
- Multiple end cap designs
What you get:
- (1) D-Cache storage container including:
- (1) Fuse style top end cap with silver colored plastic "fuse"
- (1) Bottom end cap of your choice (based on model selection)
WARNING: This is not a toy for children. The Magnet end cap edition contains small parts and a strong magnet which are a choking hazard and can cause serious injury or death if swallowed. Please keep away from Pacemakers.
Each end cap is fully interchangeable with the main tube body, giving you complete flexibility on which functions you want integrated into your D-Cache.
Fuse Cap: Each D-Cache model includes a common threaded top cap that contains an interchangeable plastic "fuse". This cap also has an internal 24.0 mm [0.95] dia x 8.0 [0.31] mm deep bore for additional storage space inside the tube. The cap includes an integrated o-ring to retain the "fuse" and provides easy pull-out/push-in replacement for a fuse of a different color (colored fuses sold separately)
Compass Cap: This handy cap will prevent you from running around in circles! The embedded oil-filled compass is the perfect companion when carrying your cache in the outdoors. This cap also features an internal 24.0 mm [0.95] dia x 8.0 mm [0.31] deep bore for additional space inside the tube.
Glass Breaker Cap: The Striker Cap, or glass breaker, is the perfect option if you want to store the D-Cache in the glove box of your car. Should you ever be in an emergency that requires a quick escape, the tungsten carbide tip on this cap will get the job done. As an added bonus, the tip can also be used as a scribe for light duty free-hand engraving. This cap also features an internal 24.0 mm [0.95] dia x 8.0 mm [0.31] deep bore for additional space inside the tube.
NOTE: The glass breaker shown is of the prototype model. The "spike" has been replaced with a tungsten carbide tip on production units and is a much smaller profile. Photos will be updated as soon as production parts are received.
Magnet Cap: The Magnet Cap allows you to attach the D-Cache to any metal ferrous surface. The integrated o-ring protects the surface you attach it to, and the strong, neodymium magnet provides plenty of pull to prevent the cache from losing its grip. Attach the cache to the inside of your car trunk to prevent it from rolling around, or on the side of a filing cabinet or under a metal desk. Any place you want the cache to stay put! This cap also features an internal 24.0 mm [0.95] dia x 6.0 mm [0.24] deep bore for additional space inside the tube.
Embrite™ Glow Cap: Going for a hike that ends at night? Need to find your cache in a dark room? Then this is the cap you need, with the integrated Embrite™ glow-in-the-dark insert. Available in either Green or Aqua glow color, Embrite™ is the TEC Accessories proprietary glow technology affording the brightest, longest lasting 'glow-in-the-dark’ effect available.
When exposed to sunlight or UV light, the included Embrite™ pellet will glow for hours... the longer the exposure time and the higher the light intensity, the longer and brighter it will glow. Glow times can last as long as 12 hours! This cutting edge technology will outlast and outshine anything on the market. This cap also features an internal 24.0 mm [0.95] dia x 8.0 mm [0.31] deep bore for additional space inside the tube.
Threaded Cap: This versatile cap has a stainless steel threaded insert mounted into the center, utilizing the standard 1/4-20 thread size. Integrating the steel insert (rather than simply threading the cap) provides long-term durability and prevents items from stripping the aluminum threads.
This cap allows you to attach a number of common items to the cache, ranging in function from carry methods to unique applications such as using the cache as a GoPro handle!
The D-Cache dynamite-sized storage container consists of a main tube body and two end caps. All parts are bead blasted to a uniform matte finish, then red anodized for appearance and protection.
- Material: 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum
- Finish: Type 2 red anodize
- Weight: Varies depending upon bottom cap selection. Total weight of each D-Cache ranges between 134 grams [4.7 oz.] and 152 grams [5.4 oz.]
- Storage capacity: Minimum 98.7 cc [6 cubic inches]
- Nitrile rubber o-rings on each end cap provide a watertight seal
- Outside Diameter: 32.0 mm [1.26"]
- Overall Length: 200.0 mm [7.874"]
- Inside Dimensions: See diagram in photo set
- Note: some cap designs provide additional inside storage capacity
The D-Cache can be used for almost unlimited storage ideas, but in case you need some help, here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
Every Day Carry Storage:
The D-Cache is the perfect container for the items you carry every day. With the large interior capacity, you can store your daily necessities as well as all the extras. For example:
- Paper money
- Rolls of quarters for laundry/vending machines
- Zip ties
- Small tools such as allen wrenches, hex bits, etc.
- Slingshot BB's
- Spool of mini duct tape
- Pocket knife
- Paracord/micro cord/Spectra cord
Making up a small first aid kit is a great way to carry the essentials to always be prepared. It never hurts to be the one to save the day when those boo-boos occur!
- Single-packet medications (Ibuprofin, aspirin, etc.)
- Sunscreen packets
- Latex/Nitrile gloves
- Alcohol wipes
Going on that next hike, camping trip, or survival outing? Toss a D-Cache (with the compass cap) in your backpack with all the goodies:
- Fire starting materials
- Fish hooks and line
- Topography maps
- Dry goods/spices
- Glow sticks
- Lip balm
- Compressed towel tablets
- Xacto blade
- Needle and thread
- Tin foil
- Wire saw
Because of it's durability and watertight seals, the D-Cache is a great way to store items that need a little extra protection. Whether its simply a place to store all your like-items in one place, or surviving that natural disaster, make sure you don't take any chances by leaving your important items sitting in a few random shoe boxes.
- Encrypted flash drive with important documents, photos, etc.
- Emergency contact info
- Medical info
- Spare key
The D-Cache Magnet cap contains a neodymium (rare-Earth) magnet, which has a very strong magnetic field. The following cautions should be exercised:
- Pacemakers can be affected
- Not intended for use by children
- Avoid placing near any electronics and/or magnetic media such as credit cards, magnetic ID cards, cellphones or televisions. It can also interfere with compasses and navigation equipment
- Although the magnet has a protective surface nickel plating, neodymium can corrode and should not be exposed to prolonged periods of moisture
- The magnet is fragile and can peel, chip, crack or shatter
- The magnet can become demagnetized at high temperatures
- Persons with nickel allergies should avoid prolonged contact with the magnet