Pixel Ti Keychain Microlight
Discover the premium, precision-crafted LED microlight designed for hard-use everyday carry, the Pixel Ti. Solid and sensible, this Grade 5 titanium flashlight gives you the durability you want at the lightest weight possible. The Pixel Ti is small enough to attach anywhere and comes in handy when you need it; from the hard-to-read restaurant menu to the campsite. Don't get caught unprepared when you have this ultimate flashlight for your keychain gear. You can choose from conventional white LED's (cool white or warm white) or an available red LED to preserve night vision (great for astronomy, tactical applications, etc.).
Pixel Ti Keychain Microlight Features:
- Rugged titanium construction
- Water resistant o-ring seal
- Square body design prevents undesired rolling off of work surface
- Easy twist ON/OFF operation
- Uses four common LR521/379A alkaline watch batteries (included)
- This model also has design features for mounting a 3mm x 11mm tritium vial in the tail (note: tritium vial not included)
- Red LED: Cree 5mm High Brightness 503 Series
- White LED: Your choice of two super bright Nichia 5mm LED's
- Cool white LED rated at 25 lumens (highest illumination intensity)
- Warm white LED rated at 21 lumens (excellent color rendition of illuminated objects Water resistant o-ring seal
What you get:
- (1) Pixel Ti LED microlight packaged in a foam-lined case
- (1) 11.1 mm [7/16"] diameter split ring and snap clip for attachment to other items
- (1) set of batteries are included (pre-installed)
The Pixel Ti is a durable, titanium LED flashlight built to last a lifetime:
- Material: 6Al-4V titanium
- Finish: Tumbled to a uniform semi-stonewashed finish
- Dimensions: 8mm [.315"] square x 47.4mm [1.87"] long
- Beam: Smooth, flood beam pattern
- White LED's: 35 degree beam angle
- Red LED: 15 degree beam angle
- Batteries: includes four LR521/379A alkaline watch batteries
- Total assembled weight with batteries: 0.26 ounces [7.4 grams]
- LED choices
- White LED's: Nichia premium 5mm LED (cool white or warm white tint)
- Red LED: Cree high brightness 5mm LED
How to Install:
The Pixel LED microlight uses four LR521 or 379A alkaline watch batteries (included). These batteries are readily available and quite inexpensive. When replacing the batteries, they must be inserted into the insulating sleeve included with the Pixel to eliminate the sides from touching the body of the flashlight. Also, the negative side (the bump) of the battery must be installed towards the front of the flashlight. Please refer to the diagram below, as well as on the packaging:
Alternatively, you can purchase this battery size in a silver oxide formula. The advantage is a flatter discharge curve vs. the standard alkaline version, although you may not see any significant performance gain due to the actual on/off duration and duty cycle.
Battery life and run times will vary over a broad range due to the nature of the small batteries. Extended "ON" durations (1 minute or longer) will have a tendency to shorten battery life rapidly, whereas short bursts of "ON" durations (15 seconds) will result in very long battery life expectancy. The duration of rest, or "OFF" time between "ON" cycles will also have a great impact on battery life. The longer the rest time, the longer the battery life. Even if you run the flashlight for an extended period, and see the flashlight intensity drop considerably, this is not a permanent state. If you let the batteries rest for a period of time, they will recover and offer brighter intensity that what had been previously observed. In short, battery life is very subjective.
As an example, we have tested the light with short bursts of 15 seconds "ON" and a minimum of 1 hour of "OFF" time. This has resulted in months of use with minimal intensity drop. In contrast, a 1 minute "ON" cycle with only a 5 minute "OFF" time will result in a small number of cycles before an intensity drop is noticed. However even at a diminished intensity level, the light is quite useable for its intended purpose.
The Pixel Ti is actuated using a simple twist ON/OFF operation. While holding the main body, screw in the rear cap to turn on the flashlight, and unscrew it to turn it off. Conversely, you could hold the rear cap stationary and rotate the main body. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE SCREW! Doing so could damage the LED. If you don't engage the screw cap far enough however, you could see the LED flicker on and off. So ensure that you make solid contact to light up the LED continuously.
The rear screw cap has multiple fine threads, and takes approximately 5-6 full turns, once threaded into the body, to light up the LED. So when turning off the flashlight, back out the screw cap approximately 2 full turns to ensure there is no contact between the batteries and the LED. This will prevent unexpected flickering of the light.
Please note that the Pixel Ti is a direct-drive flashlight design. This means that as the batteries get depleted, the light output will get lower. Please refer to the "Battery Life" tab to understand the effects of battery life vs. usage.