TEC-T323-3W Isotope Reactor Fob
For the ultimate in one-of-a-kind tritium glow fobs, look no further than the TEC Isotope Reactor. The Reactor Fob is designed to hold three glass tritium vials (not included) which will glow continuously for many years without the need to charge them from sunlight or UV light. The Reactor is configured to provide the highest visibility of mounted tritium vials than any other Isotope model we offer. The virtually unobstructed view of three 3mm x 23mm tritium vials in different colors gives off an amazing glow, and the vials are well protected by the Ti-6Al-4V titanium construction and durable borosilicate glass window.
The tritium vials are easy to install, and the design provides a simple way to remove the vials if you want to exchange them for different colors. In addition, O-rings are integrated at both ends of the glass window to provide a water resistant assembly. Please refer to the "Installation" tab for details.
Locate your bags in that pitch-black hotel room, find your keys in the dark, or simply have the most unique glowing charm suspended from your car's rear view mirror. Whether you use the Isotope Reactor as a functional zipper pull or to simply identify your gear, there are a multitude of uses that will look absolutely amazing.
Isotope Reactor Fob Features:
- 3 tritium bores equally spaced around center spindle shaft
- Each bore can hold one 3mm x 23mm tritium vial
- Combine different colored tritium vials for a beautiful effect
- Ti-6Al-4V titanium spindle and cap
- Crystal clear, scratch resistant Borosilicate glass window
- Water resistant O-ring seal on both ends of glass window
- Bead blasted, uniform matte finish
What you get:
- (1) TEC Isotope Reactor Fob
- Packaged with (5) rubber plugs for tritium vial containment (3 required plus 2 spares)
- (5) Glass window O-rings (3 required plus 2 spares)
- (2) Spindle groove O-rings (1 required plus 1 spare)
- (1) 11.1 mm [7/16"] diameter split ring for attachment to other items
- (1) spare glass window
- Important Note: Product DOES NOT include tritium vials
The TEC Isotope Reactor Fob is a titanium housing with a glass window suitable for mounting multiple glass tritium vials.
- Housing Material: Ti-6Al-4V Titanium
- Finish: Bead Blasted
- Glass Window: Borosilicate Glass
- Outside Diameter: 12.0 mm [0.472"]
- Overall Length: 36.8 mm [1.449"]
- Split Ring Hole Size: 2.5mm [0.098"]
- Total Assembled Weight (without tritium vials): 16.8 grams [0.6 oz]
- Total Assembled Weight for (with tritium vials): 17.4 grams [0.62 oz]
- *Does not contain tritium vials
Although we have integrated a glass window in this product and is therefore susceptible to breakage, we use a very high quality borosilicate glass. This is similar to the more familiar brand name Pyrex, and is extremely durable against thermal stress and shock. It is also scratch resistant and provides a crystal clear view of the tritium vials. We have performed 5' high drop tests of the Reactor assembly onto a hard concrete surface without glass breakage. However please bear in mind that this does not guarantee it will always survive such a fall, or that the installed tritium vials will survive such shock so please consider this in your application.
The TEC Isotope Fob Series are keychain fobs specifically designed to mount standard 3mm x 23mm and/or 3mm x 11mm self-luminous tritium vials. They do not include tritium vials, you must purchase them from another source typically outside the United States.
Learn more about what tritium is and where to buy it by clicking here.
Install tritium vials and assemble as shown:
- Remove the Reactor assembly from the foam packaging. NOTE: The cap is not retained in place during shipping and can separate from the body once removed from the packaging.
- Remove the cap. NOTE: Leave the glass window and o-rings in place.
- Install the 3 tritium vials (not supplied) in each of the 3 bores. Make sure each vial is seated into the holes at the bottom of the spindle.
- Install the rubber plugs on top of the tritium vials. NOTE: The rubber plugs need to get pushed into the bore below the spindle surface to prevent movement of the 3 tritium vials. DO NOT USE HIGH FORCE TO INSTALL THE RUBBER PLUG INTO THE HOLE, AS YOU MAY DAMAGE THE GLASS TRITIUM VIAL.
- Re-install the cap.
- Install the small O-ring over the spindle shaft, into the shaft groove.
- Install the split ring through the hole in the spindle shaft.