Cu-Tape SPECIAL EDITION Copper Tape Measure
Based on the same design as our Ti-Tape micro-sized titanium tape measure, this Special Edition Cu-Tape is identical in every way except it is made from tellurium copper. It is simply the world's smallest copper tape measure in the world. Slightly larger than a US Quarter, it is the perfect tape measure for everyday carry. Why? Because it is super TINY, ultra-durable, and has that awesome old-world look of copper. It also includes a removable keychain clip, so you can attach it anywhere to keep it with you at all times. As if that wasn't enough, the user-replaceable 3' measuring tape ensures you will never have to buy another portable tape measure again. Ever.
The Cu-Tape was designed to be as small as possible, making it almost invisible on a keychain or tucked away in your pocket. The copper housing will ensure it will hold up to everyday wear and tear, far superior to those cheap plastic tape measures. And what happens if your measuring tape gets worn or bent? Not a problem! The user-replaceable design allows you to change it out so you can start with a fresh tape that is ready for action!
Think about your average day, and how many times having a tape measure would come in handy. Whether it's trade related (i.e. carpenter, engineer, interior designer) or just being able to measure a piece of furniture at the store to see if it will fit in that special place, it is one of those little tools that can make a big difference. And that copper appearance will add a whole new level of style to your gear!
- Manufactured from corrosion resistant tellurium copper
- Ultra compact size
- Replaceable measuring tape
- Removable stainless steel keychain attachment clip
- 3 foot measuring length
- High contrast black on white markings, both imperial and metric units
Please note: although this material is highly corrosion resistant, copper is considered to have a “living finish”. Similar to brass, when exposed to the elements it will have a tendency to oxidize over time. This oxidation, also called patina, can be either beautiful or unappealing depending upon your personal preference. If you prefer the look of patina, simply use your Cu-Tape as intended and over time it will develop its own unique appearance. However if you do not prefer this type of finish, this can easily be corrected. There are many over the counter polishes or homemade solutions that can be used, but a very good polish that we recommend is Wright's Copper Cream. Simply use a very small amount on a soft cloth and wipe down the copper LIGHTLY using a circular motion. You do not need to apply pressure, it doesn’t take much effort to clean the material. This will remove all traces of oxidation and leave a bright, polished finish.
NOTE: Replacement measuring tapes are available HERE
What you get:
- (1) Cu-Tape Copper Tape Measure
- (1) Keychain Attachment Clip
- (1) Split Ring
- (1) Allen Wrench
The Cu-Tape is made of hard wearing tellurium copper, and will maintain it's durability and enduring beauty for years to come.
- Material: tellurium copper
- Tumbled to a fine matte finish
- Dimensions: 31.5 mm [1.24"] diameter x 9.70 mm [.38"] wide (without Keychain Attachment Clip)
- Cu-Tape Weight: 32 grams [1.13 oz]
- Keychain Clip Weight: 2 grams [0.06 oz]
- Keychain Clip Material: 304 Stainless Steel
- Measuring Tape Material: Stainless spring steel
The Cu-Tape comes with a keychain attachment clip and split ring which provides the ability to attach it to a key ring or other similar item. If you wish to install it onto the Ti-Tape, the process is extremely simple.
- Using the included hex wrench, carefully remove the screw from the Cu-Tape housing. NOTE: Insert the wrench straight into the screw socket and press down firmly before rotating. This will prevent stripping the screw socket.
- Lift off the cover, taking care not to disturb the measuring tape
- Carefully place the keychain attachment clip onto the groove of the housing so that the top surface is flush with the top of the housing
- Replace the cover and screw.
NOTE: Ti-Tape titanium version shown
CLICK HERE for instructions for replacing the measuring tape.