D-Cache End Cap: Magnet
The Magnet Cap allows you to attach the D-Cache to any metal ferrous surface. The integrated o-ring protects the surface you attach it to, and the strong, neodymium magnet provides plenty of pull to prevent the cache from losing its grip. Attach the cache to the inside of your car trunk to prevent it from rolling around, or on the side of a filing cabinet or under a metal desk. Any place you want the cache to stay put! This cap also features an internal 24.0 mm [0.95] dia x 6.0 mm [0.24] deep bore for additional space inside the tube.
What you get:
- (1) D-Cache Magnet end cap
WARNING: This is not a toy for children. This product contains small parts and a strong magnet which are a choking hazard and can cause serious injury or death if swallowed. Please keep away from Pacemakers.
The D-Cache Magnet end cap is bead blasted to a uniform matte finish, then red anodized for appearance and protection.
- Material: 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum
- Finish: Type 2 red anodize
- Weight: 43 grams [1.5 oz.]
- Nitrile rubber o-ring provides a watertight seal
- Neodymium (rare-Earth) magnet
- Outside Diameter: 32.0 mm [1.26"]
- Overall Length (including threads): 19.8 mm [0.78"]
The D-Cache Magnet cap contains a neodymium (rare-Earth) magnet, which has a very strong magnetic field. The following cautions should be exercised:
- Pacemakers can be affected
- Not intended for use by children
- Avoid placing near any electronics and/or magnetic media such as credit cards, magnetic ID cards, cellphones or televisions. It can also interfere with compasses and navigation equipment
- Although the magnet has a protective surface nickel plating, neodymium can corrode and should not be exposed to prolonged periods of moisture
- The magnet is fragile and can peel, chip, crack or shatter
- The magnet can become demagnetized at high temperatures
- Persons with nickel allergies should avoid prolonged contact with the magnet